Academy of Our Lord, Chicago, Illinois (parish of St. Stanislaus)
(?-1893): student of Count Thaddeus von Zukotynski. Munich, Germany (religious and landscape painting, sculpture)
1896-1899: novice at School Sisters of Notre Dame, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1915-1922: student of Robert Clarkson, Chicago, Illinois
1916-1919: BFA from School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois; student of Leopold Seyffert; student of John Norton (murals); Student of Frank Peyraud (landscape painting); Student of Albin Polasek (sculpture); student of Wellington Reynolds (academic figure painting)
Student of Charles Hawthorne, Provincetown, Massachusetts
1922: received Bachelor of Philosophy, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
?- 1893: Europe
1917: student exhibition, The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois; Her Great Grandmother’s Wedding Gown
1925: Eucharistic Congress, Chicago, Illinois – Little Flower of Jesus, portrait of Bishop J.F. Noll of Fort Wayne, two Madonnas
1930: Exhibition and Festival of Religious Art, Renaissance Society, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
1932: Warsaw International Fair, Warsaw, Poland
June 1-November 1, 1933: Century of Progress Exhibition, The All Illinois Society of the Fine Arts, The Stevens Hotel, Chicago, Illinois; The Honorable Henry Horner, Governor of Illinois
1934: Century of Progress World’s Fair, Chicago, Illinois
1935: Davis Galleries, Evanston, Illinois [solo]
Adreian College, Michigan
Holy Cross Church, Chicago, Illinois
St. Joseph's Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
St. Margaret's Church, Chicago, Illinois
Mount Mary College, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
St. Paul Cathedral, Minnesota
Washington DC College of Cardinals, Washington, D.C.
E. Blankenship, "Cathedral to Get Nun's Art," Chicago Daily Journal, July 11, 1928.
Bulliet, C.J., “Artists of Chicago Past & Present: No. 56 Sister Mary Stanisia,” Chicago Daily News, March 14, 1936.
Cozzolino, Robert. “Sister Maria Stanisia” in Rima Lunin Schultz and Adele Hast, eds. Women Building Chicago, 1790-1990: A Biographical Directory. Bloomington, IN: University of Indiana Press, 2001.
Jewitt, Eleanor. "Nun Portrays Exquisite Face of Christ Child," Chicago Tribune, August 19, 1928.
Kendall, Veva Elton. "Lives of Great People: Sister Mary Stanisia," Catholic Women Magazine.
Clem Lane, "Catholics Seek Sainthood for Peruvian Negro," Chicago Tribune, March 19, 1937.
Lennon, R.A. “Nun Commissioned to Paint Cardinal,” Chicago Evening Post, December 16, 1924;
Long, Hersur. "Nun's Painting is Known as a Mystic Valentine," The New World, February 24, 1928.
-----. “Painting of St. Therese by Nun Called the Story of a Rose,” The New World, March 9, 1928.
-----. “Stations of the Cross,” The New World, January 13, 1928.
Poles of Chicago, 1837-1937, Chicago, IL: Polish Pageant, Inc., 1937.
Margaret Weilert, "Convent Artist Does Mural for Cathedral," Chicago Evening Post, July 17, 1928
Art Guild of Chicago, Longwood, Chicago, Illinois; founder in 1930
honorable mention for especially commendable work in life and portrait painting from Art Institute of Chicago
1932: Silver Medal, International Fair, Warsaw, Poland
The Leon T. Walkowicz Collection, Loyola University Chicago Archives, Chicago, Illinois
Archives of the Provincial House, Chicago Province of the School Sisters of Notre Dame, Berwyn, Illinois
Archives of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Director of Art Department, Longwood Academy of Our Lady. Longwood, Illinois
member of the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
fall 1899-fall 1905: taught art, Our Lady of Lourdes, Marinette, Wisconsin
1905-1907: taught art, St. Mary’s Academy, Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
1907-past 1929: taught at Academy of Our Lady, Longwood, Chicago, Illinois; founded fine arts program, served as director
1929-: founded department of art and was teacher at Mount Mary College, Milwaukee
restored some of Zukotynski‘s works at the Basilica of St. Hyacinth, and the churches of St. Stanislaus Kostka and Holy Cross in Chicago
also the founder of the Fine Arts Guide in Chicago and Milwaukee , Wisconsin
St. Margaret of Scotland Parish page on Stations of the Cross